Chief Master Sergeant Craig A. Neri is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, 14th Air Force, Air Force Space Command, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif. He advises the commander on matters influencing the health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of almost 16,000 professionals responsible for providing missile warning, space superiority, space situational awareness, satellite operations, space launch and range operations. As the senior enlisted leader for 14th Air Force, Chief Neri advises the commander on mission effectiveness, professional development, and military readiness and training of all assigned and attached enlisted space forces providing tailored, responsive, local and global space effects in support of national and Air Force Space Command objectives.
Chief Neri entered the Air Force in March 1991 as an electronic computer and cryptographic systems journeyman. He has served in various positions in the communications field at locations in Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, and Alaska. Additionally, Chief Neri served as a First Sergeant for six different squadrons and staff agencies at locations in Florida and Ohio, where he was charged with securing the health, morale and welfare of 1,500 personnel. Chief Neri has served on three deployments in support of Operations SOUTHERN WATCH and ENDURING FREEDOM.
1997 Airman Leadership School, Langley Air Force Base, Va.
2001 Associates Degree in Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2004 USAF Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
2004 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy by Correspondence
2006 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Course
2007 USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Associates Degree in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2010 AFSO 21 Senior Leader Course, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2011 Bachelor of Science degree in General Education (cum laude), Grantham University, Kansas City, Mo.
2012 Leadership Team Awareness Seminar, DEOMI, Patrick AFB, Fla.
2014 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of North Carolina, Raleigh, N.C.
2014 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2014 Keystone, CJCS Joint Leadership Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2017 Alan J. Freed Middle East and Southwest Asia Seminar, Capitol Hill Club, Washington, D.C.
2017 Alan J. Freed South American Seminar, Capitol Hill Club, Washington D.C.
1. April 1991 - December 1991, Student, Electronic Computer Systems Apprentice course, Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
2. January 1992 - June 1994, Computer Maintenance Apprentice, Southeast Air Defense Sector, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. July 1994 - September 1996, Repairable Asset Specialist, Southeast Air Defense Sector, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
4. September 1996 - July 1998, Noncommissioned Officer in Charge, Repairable Asset Lab, Rockville NAS, Iceland
5. July 1998 - June 2001, Assistant NCOIC, Computer/Cryptographic Maintenance, Moody AFB, Ga. (Dec 1998 - Mar 1999, Asst NCOIC, Computer Maintenance, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait; Apr 2000 - Jul 2000, NCOIC Computer Maintenance, Al Dhafra AB, UAE)
6. June 2001 - November 2002, Support Group Planner, Moody AFB, Ga.
7. November 200 2 - July 2005, NCOIC, Secure Communications, Elmendorf AFB, Ark.
8. July 2005 - February 2007, NCOIC, Communications and Infrastructure, MacDill AFB, Fla.
9. February 2007 - December 2007, Superintendent, Client Service Center, MacDill AFB, Fla.
10. December 2008 - August 2009, First Sergeant, 6th FSS, CES, Wing Staff, MacDill AFB, Fla.
11. August 2009 - June 2011, First Sergeant, 88th Medical Operations Squadron, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
12. June 2011 - January 2012, First Sergeant, 88th Security Forces Squadron, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
13. January 2012 - November 2012, Superintendent Quality Assurance, Logistics and Systems Directorate, Air Force Technical Applications Center, Patrick AFB, Fla.
14. December 2012 - 30 Apr 2014, Superintendent, Air Force Technical Applications Center, Patrick AFB, Fla.
15. May 2014 – September 2015, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 45th Space Wing, Patrick AFB, Fla.
16. September 2015 – present, Command Chief, 14th Air Force, Air Force Space Command, and Command Senior Enlisted Leader, Joint Functional Component Command for Space, U.S. Strategic Command, Vandenberg AFB, Calif. (Served as JFCC-SPACE SEL until inactivation Dec. 1, 2017)
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with silver oak leaf cluster and bronze oak leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with silver oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with campaign device
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
1997 85th Wing Airman of the Year, Keflavik NAS, Iceland
1997 John L. Levitow Award Winner, Airman Leadership School, Langley AFB, Va.
2004 PACAF Lt. General Leo Marquez Award Winner, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
2005 Distinguished Graduate & Commandant’s Leadership Award Winner, USAF NCO Academy, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
2007 Top Graduate, USAF First Sergeant Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Distinguished Graduate, USAF SNCO Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 6th Air Mobility Wing First Sergeant of the Year, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2010 88th Air Base Wing First Sergeant of the Year, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
2010 AFMC First Sergeant of the Year, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant July 1, 2012
(Current as of December 2017)