Chief Master Sgt. Suzanne Talbert is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 30th Space Wing at Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif. She is the senior enlisted advisor to the commander and is responsible for leading more than 2,400 Airmen who provide combat capability to the joint war fighter through assured access to space and combat ready Airmen. Chief Talbert advises the commander on issues affecting the health, morale, welfare, discipline and effective use of the enlisted assigned to the wing. The chief represents the commander on all enlisted matters and ensures all enlisted members understand the wing's mission, policies and standards.
Chief Talbert grew up in Syracuse, N.Y. She entered the Air Force in September 1987. Her background includes numerous leadership roles at squadron, group, and combatant command levels. She has been stationed at locations in Okinawa, Korea, England, Germany, Netherlands, Japan and the Lone Star State of Texas, with deployments in support of various operations to Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and Afghanistan. She has worked a variety of supply duties. Before assuming her current position, she served as the Superintendent, 35th Mission Support Group, Misawa Air Base, Japan. She was appointed to this position Aug. 9.
1987 Associates of Applied Science, Criminal Justice, Herkimer Community College, Herkimer, N.Y.
1990 United States Air Forces in Europe NCO Preparatory Course, RAF Greenham Common, U.K.
2002 United States Air Forces in Europe NCO Academy, Kapaun AS, Germany
2002 Associates in Applied Science, Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force, Ala.
2006 United States Air Force SNCO Academy, Gunter Annex, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 United States Air Force Chief Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 United States Air Force Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
1. Aug. 1987 - Sept. 1987, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas.
2. Sept. 1987 - March 1989, storage technician, PACAF Logistic Supply Center, Kadena AB, Okinawa.
3. March 1989 - Dec. 1989, turn-in monitor, Det. 1, 18th Supply Squadron, Kadena AB, Okinawa.
4. Jan. 1990 - June 1991, Asst NCOIC Storage, 501st Supply Squadron, RAF Greenham Common, U.K.
5. June 1991 - July 1993 Asst NCOIC Receiving/Inspection, 48th Supply Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, U.K. (December 1991 - Apr 1992 War Readiness Spares Kit monitor, 492 Fighter Squadron, Incirlik AB, Turkey).
6. July 1993 - April 1997, Asst NCOIC Receiving and Storage; Hazmart Manager, 7th Supply Squadron, Dyess AFB, Texas (June 1994 - September 1994, Stock Control Supervisor, 4409th Logistics Squadron, Riyadh AB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
7. April 1997 - May 1998, Logistics Manager, Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Det. 611, 61st Field Investigative Squadron, 6th Field Investigative Region, Osan AB, Republic of Korea.
8. May 1998 - June 2000, NCOIC Receiving/Procedures, 86th Supply Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany.
9. June 2000 - June 2004, Readiness Manager and Command C-130/KC-135 Manager, Supply Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters, United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany.
10. June 2004 - June 2005, Quality Assurance Manager, Communications Logistic Depot, North Atlantic Treaty Organization Communications Information Systems Services Agency (NCSA), Allied Joint Force Command Headquarters, Brunssum, The Netherlands.
11. June 2005 - June 2008, Flight Chief, Forward Supply Location, 723rd Air Mobility Squadron, Ramstein, Germany.
12. June 2008 - May 2009, Command Equipment Manager, Logistics Readiness Division, Directorate of Logistics, Headquarters, United States Air Forces in Europe, Ramstein AB, Germany.
13. June 2009 - April 2010, Superintendent, 35th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Misawa Air Base, Japan.
14. April 2010 - Sept. 2011, Superintendent, 35th Mission Support Group, Misawa Air Base, Japan. (October 2010 - April 2011, Superintendent, 455th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Bagram AB, Afghanistan)
15. Sept. 2011 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 30th Space Wing, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and one silver leaf cluster
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with three oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with a bronze service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Southwest Asia Service Medal with a bronze service star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with a bronze service star
Global War on Terrorism (Service) Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal with a bronze service star
Military Outstanding Volunteer Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
1994 Professional Provider of the Year, 7th Supply Squadron
1997 Support Person of the Year, HQ Air Force Office of Special Investigations, Region 6
2001 Noncommissioned officer of the Year, HQ United States Air Forces in Europe, Logistics Directorate
2002 Noncommissioned officer of the Year, HQ United States Air Forces in Europe, Supply Division
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, CIS Logistics Depot, NCSA Sector Brunssum
2004 AF Supply Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, Allied Command Operations
2005 Lance P. Sijan Award, Headquarters, Joint Forces Command
2007 Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 723rd Air Mobility Squadron
2007 AF Materiel Mgt Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year, 21 Expeditionary Mobility Task Force
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class September 14, 1987
Senior Airman January 14, 1990
Sergeant January 14, 1991
Staff Sergeant July 1993
Technical Sergeant March 2000
Master Sergeant February 2004
Senior Master Sergeant March 2007
Chief Master Sergeant December 2009
(Current as of September 2011)