Chief Master Sergeant John F. Bentivegna is the Combined Force Space Component Command Senior Enlisted Leader, U.S. Space Command, and Command Chief Master Sergeant, Space Operations Command, U.S. Space Force, Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif.
As the Senior Enlisted Leader of U.S. Space Command’s Combined Force Space Component Command, Chief Bentivegna advises the commander on matters influencing the health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of more than 17,000 joint and combined professionals with a mission to plan, integrate, conduct, and assess global space operations in order to deliver combat relevant space capabilities to Combatant Commanders, Coalition partners, the Joint Force, and the Nation.
Additionally, as Command Chief Master Sergeant of U.S. Space Force’s Space Operations Command, Bentivegna advises the commander on mission effectiveness, professional development, and military readiness and training of all assigned and attached enlisted space forces providing tailored, responsive, local and global space effects in support of national warfighting requirements and U.S. Space Force objectives.
Chief Bentivegna has served in both Maintenance and Space Operations career fields; and has held positions at the squadron, division, group, wing and Headquarters Air Force levels. Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Bentivegna served as the Command Chief, Air Force Element, National Reconnaissance Office. He advised the commander on all matters influencing the professional development, training, combat readiness, utilization, quality of life and mission effectiveness of assigned enlisted personnel.
1999 Airman Leadership School, Buckley AFB, Colo.
2001 Advanced Space Operations Course, National Security Space Institute, Colo.
2001 Space in the Air Operations Center, National Security Space Institute, Colo.
2002 Associate Degree Electronic Systems Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2002 Associate Degree Space Operations Technologies, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2008 United States Marine Corps, Staff NCO Advanced Course, Quantico, Va.
2014 Professional Management Certificate, Community College of the Air Force
2015 Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, N.C.
2015 Senior Enlisted Legal Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB
2016 Leadership Development Program, Center for Creative Learning
2016 AFSO21 Executive Leadership Course, University of Tennessee
2016 Enterprise Perspective Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II
2018 KEYSTONE18-1 Fellow, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. August 1994 - October 1994, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. November 1994 - June 1995, Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory School, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. July 1995 - May 1998, Precision Measurement Equipment Lab Technician, McGuire AFB, N.J.
4. June 1998 - October 2002, Ground Systems Operator, Defense Support Program, Buckley AFB, Colo.
5. November 2002 - November 2003, NCOIC, Operations Training, Clear AFS, Alaska
6. December 2003 - November 2007, Superintendent, 527th Space Aggressor Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
7. December 2007 - September 2010, Superintendent, Mission Management Division, Aerospace Data Facility, Colo.
8. October 2010 - June 2013, Squadron Superintendent, 76th Space Control Squadron, Peterson AFB, Colo.
9. July 2013 - April 2015, Superintendent, 460th Operations Group, Buckley AFB, Colo.
10. April 2015 – January 2017, 50th Space Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, Schriever AFB, Colo.
11. February – November 2017, Chief, Air Force Enlisted Force Development, Headquarters Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. December 2017 – January 2019, Command Chief, Air Force Element, National Reconnaissance Office, Chantilly, Va.
13. February 2019 – August 2019, Command Chief, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
14. August 2019 – December 2019, Senior Enlisted Leader, Combined Force Space Component Command, and Command Chief, 14th Air Force, Vandenberg AFB Calif.
15. December 2019 - present, Senior Enlisted Leader, Combined Force Space Component Command, and Command Chief, Space Operations Command, Vandenberg AFB Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
National Reconnaissance Office Gold Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit with nine oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Air Force Good Conduct Medal with six oak leaf cluster
National Defense Service Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
1997 – Promoted to Senior Airman Below-the-Zone
1997 – Airman of the Year, 305th Air Mobility Wing
1999 – John Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School
1999 – Leadership Award, Airman Leadership School
2004 – Distinguished Graduate, NCO Academy
2008 – Honor Graduate, United States Marine Corps, Staff NCO Advanced Course
2009 – SNCO of the Year, Mission Operations Directorate, National Reconnaissance Office
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION:
Chief Master Sergeant, April 1, 2013
(Current as of December 2019)