Brig. Gen. Damon S. Feltman is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Air Force Space Command; and Deputy Joint Force Space Component Commander, U.S. Strategic Command, Vandenberg Air Force Base, California. He advises the Commander on optimal employment of the total force to conduct missile warning, space superiority, space situational awareness, satellite operations, space launch and range operations to provide tailored, responsive, local and global space effects in support of national, USSTRATCOM and combatant commander objectives.
Brig. Gen. Feltman graduated from Mississippi State University in 1991 and received his commission through the Air Force ROTC program. He has served in a variety of command, staff, and unit positions. As a member of the Office of Secretary of Defense staff, he managed training and education policy affecting 1.1 million Guardsmen and Reservists. In addition, he has also served as the Executive Officer for the 100-person Air Staff office and 1,500-person major command headquarters of the dual-hatted Chief of the Air Force Reserve and Commander, Air Force Reserve Command. Brig. Gen. Feltman has led operations crews for three different satellite programs, was the senior crew commander for an intercontinental ballistic missile squadron, and was the space strategy and plans officers for an Air Operations Center squadron. He has also served as an instructor and curriculum developer at Air University, and the Commander of the 310th Space Wing at Schriever AFB.
Prior to his current assignment, Brig. Gen. Feltman served as the Vice Commander of 10th Air Force, headquartered at Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base Fort Worth, Texas. In his civilian capacity, Brig. Gen. Feltman is a civil servant for the Department of the Air Force.
1991 Bachelor of Business Administration, Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis, Mississippi State University
1996 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2001 Master of Science, Space Studies, University of North Dakota
2003 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence)
2008 Reserve Component Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, National Defense University, Norfolk, Va.
2009 Air Force Reserve Command Leadership Today and Tomorrow Seminar, Washington, D.C.
2009 Air War College (correspondence)
2010 Master of Strategic Studies, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2012 NATO Senior Officer Policy Course, NATO School, Oberammergau, Germany
2013 Air Force Senior Leader Development Education, Senior Manager Course in National Security Leadership, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2014 Air Force Senior Leader Development Education, Middle East and South Asia Foreign Policy Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2014 Air Force Senior Leader Development Education, Leadership Enhancement Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, N.C.
2015 NATO Reserve Senior Officer Course, NATO School, Oberammergau, Germany
2016 Air Force Senior Leader Development Education, China and South Asia Foreign Policy Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
1. December 1992 - April 1996, Assistant to the Wing Commander; Squadron Executive Officer; Chief, Defense Meteorological Satellite Program Training; and Defense Support Program/DMSP Crew Commander, 1st Space Operations Squadron, Falcon AFB, Colo.
2. May 1996 - November 1999, Flight Commander; Squadron Command Post Commander; Crew Commander; and Deputy Crew Commander, 319th Missile Squadron, F. E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
3. November 1999 - October 2003, Flight Commander, 37th Student Squadron, Air and Space Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
4. October 2003 - December 2004, Joint Space Experimentation Officer, Policy and Requirements Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
5. January 2005 - July 2006, Space Strategy and Plans Officer, 710th Combat Operations Squadron, Langley AFB, Va.
6. August 2006 - July 2009, Chief, Air Combat Command and Air Force Space Command-Gained Branch, and Command Space and Unmanned Aerial Systems Operations Functional Manager, Headquarters, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. August 2009 - May 2010, Student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. September 2010 - June 2012, Commander, 19th Space Operations Squadron, Schriever AFB, Colo.
9. June 2012 - May 2013, Executive Officer to the Chief of Air Force Reserve, Pentagon, Washington, D.C., and Executive Officer to the Commander, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. May 2013 - June 2014, Deputy Director, Training Programs Management, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. July 2014 - September 2016, Commander, 310th Space Wing, Schriever AFB, Colo.
12. October 2016 - October 2018, Vice Commander, 10th Air Force, NAS Fort Worth JRB, Texas
13. October 2018 - present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 14th Air Force, Air Force Space Command; and Deputy Joint Force Space Component Commander, U.S. Strategic Command, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
1. October 2003 - December 2004, Joint Space Experimentation Officer, Policy and Requirements Directorate, USSTRATCOM, Offutt AFB, Neb.
2. May 2013 - June 2014, Deputy Director, Training Programs Management, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Reserve Affairs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant August 12, 1991
First Lieutenant January 8, 1994
Captain January 8, 1996
Major January 8, 2003
Lieutenant Colonel August 2, 2007
Colonel June 15, 2012
Brigadier General March 26, 2018
(Current as of October 2018)