Library Fact Sheets
PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE|
Printable Fact Sheet
Educate and inform our people. Generate informed public trust and support for the men and women of Vandenberg Air Force Base and the United States Air Force.
The Internal Information section links Airmen and their leaders by providing timely, accurate, relevant information to act as a force multiplier and enhance Airman morale and readiness.
- Vandenberg Public Web - Vandenberg News is updated regularly with current news on Vandenberg people and events. Submit story ideas to the news editor at (805) 606-2040 or VandenbergNews@vandenberg.af.mil.
- Team Vandenberg Network - The commander's cable access channel is available 24/7 on base cable channel 2. Submit events for publication to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Vandenberg Hot Launch - The Hot Launch is designed to quickly disseminate real-world and exercise, high-priority messages via the base e-mail system. All messages must have wing commander approval prior to distribution. The Hot Launch should not be requested in lieu of regular, pre-planed advertising. Submit Hot Launch items to email@example.com.
- Launch Update and Rumor Control Hotline - Access the hotline by calling (805) 606-VAND (8263). The hotline announces upcoming and recent launch activities. In the event of an emergency, the hotline carries up-to-date information that affects the base and California's Central Coast.
- Base Bulletin - The base bulletin is a 30th Space Communications Squadron publication by Indyne, Inc. Submit items for publication to BaseBulletin-Vandenberg@vandenberg.af.mil.
The Media Relations section links Airmen and their leaders, links the Air Force to the community and informs global audiences about air and space capabilities by telling the Air Force story in a variety of public forums.
The 30th Space Wing Public Affairs office is the only authorized representative of Vandenberg Air Force Base. Members of the media wishing to interview Vandenberg people should call the chief of Media Relations at (805) 606-2320. Base personnel wishing to contact the media should coordinate such contact with the chief of Media Relations in advance.
30th Space Wing Public Affairs is available to accredited media Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at (805) 606-3595, and after hours through the Vandenberg Command Post at (805) 606-9961. Media members requesting accreditation or to receive Vandenberg news releases should call the chief of Media Relations at (805) 606-2320.
For more information, visit our Media Center.
The Community Relations section ties Air Force professionals to the communities where they live making them front-line ambassadors for the Air Force. Through active programs, the Air Force demonstrates it is a community partner and a responsible steward of resources.
Vandenberg Honor Guard
Voice: (805) 606-3595
Fax: (805) 606-8303
After Hours: (805) 606-9961
Launch Update Line: (805) 606-1857
E-Mail: Public Affairs
Vandenberg Air Force Base, Ca 93437-6267
Point of Contact
30th SW Public Affairs